Thursday, April 22, 2010

Monopoly Money

A rather disturbing thought has been brewing in my head the last few days. If I was to write it in a concise manner perhaps I will be able to truly understand it.

Frankly we all know that the Federal Reserve prints money and that the gold standard was removed in 1973. The bankers are essentially printing dollars out of their home printers and sending them out into the world.

The most important thing in people lives are….Family? Love? Their favorite sports team? Whatever people think is the most important thing in their life is usually not the case. It is best to judge a person by their behavior and not by their thoughts and what they say. People spend the majority of their lives chasing MONEY.



Now let me get this straight: people spend the majority of their existence working a job they don’t like to receive something that a bank prints with no actual value validating it.

Take a step back for a second and look at this holistically. People are literally wasting their lives chasing monopoly money. The only reason they don’t print their own monopoly money is because the original printers will come down on them. They’ll assault you, throw you in jail, and/or fine you their monopoly money that you are not allowed to print yourself.

(As I write this I realize Monopoly Money is a perfect term to call Federal Reserve notes. Not just because their notes and Milton Bradley’s currency are both backed by nothing but because the Federal Reserve holds a monopoly over who can print money.)


I think next time I go out I will try to use a monopoly dollar to get change. Why not right?

I struggle with asking myself why do I need spend my entire life playing their Monopoly game? Why don’t I play my own game with my own rules?

I understand now why the founding fathers we’re so opposed to central banks. Before they were instituted each individual State could set the rules of their own games. They could print their own currencies and have control over what would back each note. They decided how many new notes would (or wouldn’t) be added into circulation each year, and whether each note would be debt free or not.



I don’t know about you but I’m already tired of going around their board for eternity.

2 comments:

  1. I agree except that you say "something that a bank prints with no actual value validating it."

    My point is: why should gold be a standard either? Why does that have any "actual value"? You can't eat gold. It's heavy to move... does shiny-ness = value?

    I think we should have currency based on the most popularly consumed staple food!

    Or like "Water World" maybe we should be using pure water or actual soil as our commodity of currency.

    Matthew 6:24
    "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best work you have done, this online website is really cool with great facts. convert currency

    ReplyDelete